Maca is a plant grown in the central Peru in high altitudes of Andes mountains. It is cultivated as a vegetable crop in the area from over 3000 years. Maca is the commonly known name for Lepidium meyenii, a plant in the broccoli family. It’s root is used to make medicines. It is also referred to as Peruvian Ginseng. Maca’s root exists in several colors ranging from black to white each known to be endowed with great health benefits.
BENEFITS Of It
- It is very nutritious and a great source of several vitamins and minerals including calcium, proteins, iron, copper, vitamin C etc. It is a good source of carbs and proteins and contains a fair amount of fiber .It is also a great source of amino acids ,containing about 20 amino acids, 7 of which are essential for the body.
- Maca roots act as an energy booster thereby providing men more vitality and energy to enhance their performance at gym.
- It increases libido in men thereby increasing the sex drive.
- It increases the sexual desire and sexual performance.
- It improves the sperm quality and quantity in men thereby increasing the fertility.
- It is associated with reducing anxiety and depression and is known to uplift the mood. It increases the mental well being in men.
- It is very beneficial for body builders and athletes. It helps to gain muscles, increase the strength required for high intensity workout , boosts energy for increased performance.
- It balances the hormone levels naturally and improves the immune system of the body.
- It helps in faster recovery of body after a strenuous workout.
Maca being a natural herb is used from centuries to increase endurance, strength and sexual performance. It does not have any side effects and is considered safe for consumption. However people with thyroid problem need to be careful with maca as it contains goitrogens which may interfere with the functioning of thyroid gland.
HOW TO USE IT?
Maca is available as supplements in the form of capsules , in powder form and in liquid form. It is easily available in the market and online. All forms of maca are equally beneficial and can be easily incorporated in the diet to enjoy the benefits.
The appropriate dosage depends on the age, health and other medical conditions. Once can follow the relevant directions on the product label or consult a pharmacist or physician to ensure the correct dosage. You should however start with small dosage and then eventually increase the dosage. Also adequate gaps should be given during the consumption process.
The roots of Maca have been used from thousands of years for its amazing benefits and great nutritional content. It is a completely safe product and available in many forms to suit the needs of the users. Maca root extract is a wonderful product which is fast gaining popularity for improving the overall health condition and gym and sexual performance.